Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: AP Top 25

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member VolDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2007
    Posts
    423
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    AP Top 25

    1. Texas
    2. Alabama
    3. Penn St.
    4. Oklahoma
    5. Florida
    6. USC
    7. Texas Tech
    8. Oklahoma State
    9. BYU
    10 Georgia
    11 Missouri
    12 Ohio State
    13 LSU
    14 Utah
    15 Boise St.
    16 Kansas
    17 Va Tech
    18 North Carolina
    19 South Florida
    20 Michigan St.
    21 Wake Forest
    22 Vanderbilt
    23 Pittsburgh
    24 Ball St.
    25 California


    Figured Bama would be number 1. Guess the voters like Mack Brown more than little Nicky. He's still the Bama coach isnt he? Hasnt ran off in the middle of the night has he?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Top 25

    Yeh I thought bama should have got Number 1. lloks like auburn is gone. Florida/Texas Would be a hell of a nat title game. Florida looked crazy scary "Kinda like a poster of Ving raymes in nipple clamps" against lsu.
    GO VOLS

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: AP Top 25

    Florida played well, but like I have said all along, LSU isn't that good I've known that since they played Auburn. If AU can hang 21 on ya, your D has major problems. By looking at the box score of that LSU/AU game you can see that those two teams are pretty much on the same level, the only difference is LSU can run it a little better.

    If Alabama shows up, they will smoke anyone in the west. Hopefully UF can make it through the East because I would love to see that match up in the SEC title game.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member curveball08's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 16th, 2008
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Top 25

    I'll take Florida or Alabama against any Big XII team.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Slobber Knocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27th, 2007
    Posts
    807
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Top 25

    Texas and Alabama would be an "old school" championship for me. To me, that would be a perfect college football match-up since I am an old southwest conference fan along with the sec and Notre Dame

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Bostic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2004
    Posts
    287
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Top 25

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MikeJones</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeh I thought bama should have got Number 1. lloks like auburn is gone. Florida/Texas Would be a hell of a nat title game. Florida looked crazy scary "Kinda like a poster of Ving raymes in nipple clamps" against lsu. </div></div>

    I think Texas is deserving of the number 1 spot since they did knock off the number one team, and 3 and 4 both lost with 2 being idle. I think the poll is right bama should have stayed 2 since they were idle.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Top 25

    I don't think any #5 is deserving of #1 unless they beat #1 by 21-28 pts and 2 of the teams ranked above them lose. But I also didn't think Bama deserved to jump 7 sopts with a win over UGA. But, since they did, IMO Bama should be #1 right now.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Bostic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2004
    Posts
    287
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Top 25

    I would agree with you except for the fact that bama was idle. I think if a team is idle they shouldnt gain rank nor lose rank because of it.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Top 25

    Neither should they be jumped by a team 3 spots behind them if they are #2 either. If it had been USC, OSU or Oklahoma sitting at #2, you can bet ur a$$ they would have been the new #1.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #10
    Inactive Member truesportsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2005
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: AP Top 25

    not really a bama or penn state fan but its nice to see them in title contention again
    LIFE IS A SPORT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •